Weekenders Golf Club Rules and Regulations
- Govern all play except for Weekenders Specific Rules (detailed below) or local course rules on day of event. (Read your scorecard)
PLAY YOUR BALL AS IT LIES (EXCEPT FOR BUNKER FOOTPRINTS)
- Unless stated otherwise prior to the event.
Footprint lies in the bunker can be lifted, raked, and placed, but you can only take this action at the discretion of your opponent. The ball must be placed within a scorecards length of the original lie. If a ball, after 3 attempts of raking and placing, cannot remain in the placed position after 3 attempts, (example: rolling down a slope) it shall be played from the point of rest on the 3rd attempt. An additional lift, rake, and place from that point of rest requires discretion from your opponent.
PUTT ALL PUTTS
- Completion of each hole is a putt holed out. Failure to putt out will result in DQ of event.
COUNT ALL STROKES
- Sounds simple and is not to be confused with cheating. (Cheating is not tolerated and club expulsion maybe the result). Count all strokes means that during the play of a hole, especially a tough one, it is easy to forget something (chili-dip, 4-putt, shot left in bunker, penalty, etc.) The intent here is for the ENTIRE FOURSOME to diplomatically challenge a score if ANYONE in the group feels there is an error. The challenged golfer should not be offended but RECOUNT his strokes and verify his announced score. It is not comfortable to do but, the RESPONSIBILITY lies with the entire foursome and must be done prior to teeing off the next hole. EVERYONE in the club benefits from accurate stroke counting and it is the expectation that each member speak up if needed.
- All members are AUTOMATICALLY marked as ATTENDING each event unless they say otherwise (Tuesday prior to the event) and must be paid in full by then.
- Guests (if capacity allows) must pay 6 days prior to the event.
PRE-PAYING your GREEN FEES
- EVERYONE MUST PREPAY for all events by the Tuesday prior to the event
- Payment must be submitted through either:
- Preferred --> Venmo @weekendersgolfclub
- Check payable to Weekenders Golf Club
CLOSEST TO THE PINS
- Included in rates to play each week.
- CTP winnings will be kept as credit to your account. All remaining CTP prize balances will be issued at the end of the season.
- If you can’t see the group in front of you, you are guilty of slow play and every effort should be made to CLOSE THE GAP.
MARKING YOUR GOLF BALLS
- All players’ golf balls should be marked prior to teeing off.
- It is each foursome’s responsibility to verify your opponents markings.
- Provisional balls should be marked differently.
- All members will play from the SAME SET OF TEES at each event all around 6200 (nothing less than 6000) exception is the FINAL ROUND of the Club Championship which is played at closer to 6500.
- Senior Tees Eligibility: If the sum of your age + handicap is greater than or equal to 85, you are eligible to play from the senior tees. If you are playing from the senior tees you must inform the club secretary by Wednesday night the week of the event, as it does result in an adjustment to course handicap handicaps.
- Official scorecards for each event will be handed out prior to your tee time.
- ONE SCORECARD must be turned in immediately after your round and MUST BE SIGNED by all players in your group, once they are turned in, they are official and no changes will be made.
- It is the teams’ responsibility to KNOW the match results for the day; if they are not given at the time of giving your scores, no players will be given credit/points for their wins.
- At each event we compete in SINGLES and DOUBLES matches as well as LOW-NET winner of the day. All low-net prizes will be will be awarded as club credit.* (2023)
- Year End champions in each will be exempt from the following years membership dues.
- Each event winner qualifies them for the PLAYERS' CHAMPIONSHIP where they compete in the final event of the season.
- You MUST win an event to be qualified for the title or a champion (singles,doubles, net or gross club) however, anyone can attend but only those winners may WIN the EVENT and get the trophy.
- Players Championship winners from the previous 3 years are automatically qualified, given they are still members.
WEKENDERS CLUB SPECIFIC RULES:
You are allowed 3 minute search as per the USGA.
- Only 1 provisional ball should be played at any one time.
- If you hit your tee shot (lost or OB) you MUST RETEE, however if you also hit your provisional lost or OB then you automatically play the better of the 2 as a LATERAL HAZARD and proceed to play in from there. You will be hitting 5.
- The same applies to second shot or later to the green, you are only allowed 1 provisional at a time. If a provisional tee shot is not hit then your only option is the new USGA rule, play as a lateral hazard and take a 2 stroke penalty (hitting 4 from there) THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GOING BACK TO THE TEE OR PREVIOUS SPOT HIT FROM.
- PAR 3’s – if there is a hazard and you do not carry the hazard you re-tee then if your second goes in, you go to the drop area. (unless course rules do not allow)
- Tee times will be provided 2 days prior to each event (on website)
- All players must be at the course a minimum of 30 minutes prior to their tee time
- PENALTY for not making your tee time is LOSS of every hole your opponents have played and you are ineligible to win low net of that event (DQ)
- Singles are low handicap vs. low handicap and High vs. High
- Doubles are team handicap vs. team handicap
- Substitutes are able to play for any missing golfer (provided they are members of the club) and are able to compete for the missing golfer in singles and doubles matches.
- If no sub is available:
- Single matches- the single golfer present will play BOTH members of opponents and a blind score (net 83) will be used to fill in for the doubles match.
- Any team must compete as a FULL squad at least 6 times during the year or they are ineligible for the DOUBLES title.
- If 2 or more teams have complete opponents missing an event then they will play each other at that event. If an odd number of missing teams, the LOWEST Record will get the double blind score to win their matches.
- If there is 1 member missing from each team, they will compete for singles and doubles, 1 on 1 regardless of handicap.
- Some events are subject to have different scoring formats and will be announced prior to event.
MAX SCORE / PICKUP FROM HOLE
- To maintain pace of play, if you are having a bad hole and do not finish the hole your score on card will be 9. In regards to your matches you will not receive any strokes so your 9 will not be an 8.
- The top 6 doubles teams and top 8 golfers in singles will qualify for the Singles and Doubles playoffs.
- The 1st and 2nd seed in doubles will receive a first round bye.
- All ties for playoffs will be decided based on:
- Total wins (not including ties)
- Head to head record
- If there is still a tie for the last playoff spot and there is no deciding factor then they will play each other for the spot (if only 2 teams/singles are tied for the last spot)
- If there are more than 2 tied, then the LOW NET TOTAL at the event will get the final spot. For Doubles if more than 3 teams tied for the last spot then the 2 low net teams will have 1 match to get the last playoff spot.
- NO SUBS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED IN THE DOUBLES PLAYOFFS
- Singles playoffs - there are limited rounds to complete singles playoffs -- the club will try to work to your schedule, but if you cannot attend the event as scheduled you will be eliminated from singles playoffs.
- Although membership includes a USGA handicap (GHIN) membership, the course handicap applied to each event will be based on Weekeder's events only.
- It is each players’ responsibility to POST ANY NON-WEEKENDERS rounds you play. All Weekenders rounds will be posted for you.
- Penalty for failing to report any non-Weekenders rounds will result in removal from GHIN and you will be required to play as a scratch golfer the rest of the season.
- All handicaps will be posted as of Friday night on the tee time page.
- New members are INELIGIBLE to win any LOW-NET TITLE for their first 3 events (club handicap establishment period)
- Previous guests that played any events with us the previous season will be able to use those events towards their handicap verification period.
- All scorecards must be handed in to league scorer in clubhouse, including declaring match results.
SICA CUP QUALIFYING
- Each member will accumulate points based on each week’s top ten finishers (low net) First =100 pts, Second = 90 etc., all ties points will be split evenly except for first place.
- The top eight point totals qualify for the Sica Cup team, the top point getter will be named Captain and will get 2 Captain’s picks to field if needed.
REGULAR SEASON TIEBREAKERS
- All tied matches in singles and doubles during the regular season, will be HALVED.
- During the playoffs, all matches go to sudden death playoff.
- For LOW-NET at an event:
- Total net score from the back nine net with 50% handidcap
- Final 6 holes with 1/3rd handicap
- Final 3 holes with 1/6th handicap
- Front nine net
- Net score on the handicap holes from #1-#18 (in order)
- All major events have a sudden death hole by hole playoff system (No tiebreakers for CC, Players, singles/doubles title)
- New Member dues are $200
- Returning members:
- $150 if paid before 12/31
- $175 if paid by 2/28
- $200 after 3/1
- There is a $40 fee charged for any returned checks, they will not be re-deposited.
- The executive board members are: Brady Lau, Mike Pettigrew, and Carlos Triana.